Friday, March 10, 2023

Human vs Cat

In the long standing war between me and our determined little black cat, Jet finally figured out the answer to his dilemma which has been deterring him from sleeping under my covers.

Long story short, I have resorted to putting a flat sheet over my comforter during the day, which I de-hair and remove every night in an attempt to minimize the cat hair I sleep in. 

Jet soon discovered he could still sneak under my quilt by entering via the side of the bed:

This way ...
Or this would do.

I remedied that by tucking the sheet under the mattress on the side of the bed where Jet made his entrance. This worked like a charm for months on end. I was highly amused that Jet didn't figure out there was a second entry point available. The sheet was tucked into one side of the bed and there was easy access on the other side. The cats slept blissfully unaware on top of the sheet and I felt pretty pleased that I had outwitted our highly intelligent cat. I didn't even speak my thoughts aloud because I have a sneaking suspicion Jet understands English.

Then it finally happened. I walked into my room yesterday to discover this:

Isn't he cute???

So ... I flipped the sheet so I could tuck in both sides of the bed this morning. I've outwitted Jet once again. 


Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment