Wednesday, March 8, 2023

I Can't Wait to Wake up Tomorrow

I cannot wait to be on the other side of today. Today will be filled with all the things that feel the hardest. Are these things really that hard or have I ramped up the volume on the agenda I have set before me?

There are so many deadlines to meet within my bookkeeping world. Every time I flip the calendar page, I'm faced with a new set of challenges. I suppose I should be grateful for both the change and the routine. I have done this before. I will do it again. It is familiar. I know how to wade my way through it all.

I woke up in the middle of the night remembering I had forgotten to fill out one section of a multipage document I submitted yesterday. As I was sitting here, I remembered another pending task that will soon be on the list of deadlines-to-meet. 

Then there is the unexpected. The above and beyond. The variety I should be craving in a repetitive job is adding to the stressors instead of relieving them.

I have not had a holiday where I can leave the responsibilities of my home office behind since work moved in with me in March, 2020. 

The weight of it all is feeling heavy. 


I walked into my office in an attempt to take a blurry picture of the chaos behind the door.
Then this caught my eye.
The one and only personal item within the world of paper, bookwork and numbers.
Thanks, Glennon. I needed this reminder today.

Let's just keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment