Thursday, March 9, 2023

On the Other Side

I have made it through what I anticipated would be the hardest day of the week. One hurdle met with a gusto and I was energized on the other side. Another hurdle was easier than anticipated. Hard. But done. Done is good. The third hurdle wasn't one I was anticipating. Those are the ones that can catch us. The unexpected.

As challenging as my day felt, the key players in the other side of this story are the ones who are the heros. For me, it was a day. More specifically, it was hours. For them, it is their life.

A life they didn't ask for or expect. A life that continues to evolve and the hurdles just keep coming. The landscape keeps changing and they are losing control of a life they lived fully.

To open your eyes and wake up to a brand new day feeling like you know what you may expect is a gift. Even if what you expect isn't something that excites you, there is something to be said for even a slightly unremarkable life.


Today, I shall simply appreciate what I often take for granted.

Health - a body and brain that continues to work as expected
Home - shelter from the storms of life and everything within it (even the cat hair)
Happiness - simply content with the life I have and those who play a vital part within it
Independence - the ability to work, pay the bills and live this life as I know it

Yes, life has its moments that challenge us.
When the moment is not a lifetime, we are fortunate.
When we wish a moment we are in would last forever, we are rich.

Even within the hours I found challenging yesterday, 
I found moments that evoked a smile or small chuckle I shared with those in my company.
For that moment,
all was well in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment