Friday, March 17, 2023

The Best Part of Waking Up (is coffee in my cup)

It is my goal to wake up, grab a cup of coffee then come immediately to this spot to write. Instead, this is what happens:

  • wake up
  • realize its wash day
  • change out of my pj's so I can wash them
  • make and de-cat-hair my bed
  • tuck the top sheet over my quilt to avoid cat gaining entry and sleeping in my sheets
  • toss in a load of laundry
  • top up our cat's water while I'm there
  • turn on the kettle
  • open blinds
  • run the dry mop over the floors to tame the cat hair within
  • get lost on Instagram as I (allegedly) check for signs of life from my son on vacation
  • start a new post here
  • get lost on Facebook as I (allegedly) search for an obituary
  • toss laundry in the dryer
  • clean cat litter while I'm there
  • make a smoothie and second cup of coffee
  • listen to a We Can Do Hard Things podcast while I...
  • work on my daily word and number puzzles
  • call our friendly neighborhood mechanic 
  • run my car back to the shop (domino effect of problems after a repair three days ago)
  • turn on my work computer and start morning routines
  • put laundry away
  • finish puzzles
  • run out to buy milk since my day is already off to a bad start
  • have an early lunch
  • finish listening to podcast 
  • back to work
  • cat hair cleaning tool arrives in the mail - have to test it out!
  • vacuum
  • get lost in the day
  • wake up to a new day and find an absolutely empty post from yesterday
Of all the morning goals I set for myself, I only seem to accomplish one of them. I have a cup of coffee. Every day. Amen to that.

I'm "this" far into the day ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment