Friday, March 24, 2023

Simple Joys

I have been going through the paces of living and not really soaking up the sunny moments of life.

I haven't stepped out and let nature entertain me.
I haven't spent time savoring the antics of our (aging) cats.
I haven't found the magic of an inconsequential moment.

I have just been living my quiet little life,
sorting my clean socks by the amount of wear left in them as I pair them up.

It is nearing the end of sock season so I've sprung quite a few holes in my socks lately.
My favorite fuzzy black socks (that must match my black pj's) are nearing the end of their life.
I have one pair that is better than the other so I've been saving the better pair and wearing out the other pair sufficiently so they will be completely used up before I toss them.

Yesterday was laundry day and the few pairs of socks I have left were in the wash.
So after my bath I lathered up my feet with body butter and put on a brand new pair of socks.

I felt like I was walking on a cloud.
The body butter/new sock combo was a gift I didn't see coming.
All for the bargain price of $0.83 plus tax!


The best things in life are all around us.
May you find your joy in something simple today.
Then simply savor the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment