Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Up Before the Sun

I used to pride myself on being an early riser. I've slipped. 6:30 feels like a much saner time to get up and it works in all ways except ... the loss of those early morning hours I love so much.

The hours when it feels like no one else in the world is awake. Any time after 7 am feels like it is fair game for the world to intrude. The moment that feeling arises, something inside of me changes and I slip into a different mindset.

The sun is rising earlier these days and it feels good to be awake before the daylight starts to creep into the day.

I'm sitting in the dark, with a hot cup of coffee and I just kicked the cat out of the room. I. am. alone. (and it feels so good)


It is unfortunate the biggest incentive to get up earlier this morning is (are) a looming deadline(s) in my bookkeeping world. I feel like Mr. Incredible at the beginning of the movie "The Incredibles", as he decides to intercept a car chase, rescue a cat from a tree and nab a purse snatcher on the way to his wedding, while looking at the time and uttering, "I still have time..."

Time is running out and the sun is going to wake up soon. I'm running out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment