Friday, June 8, 2018

The Morning After

The morning after a completely committed day has me feeling light a slightly wrung out dish rag. I wish I could stay home today ...

I left the house at 8:20 yesterday morning and didn't get home until after 8:30 last night. Every moment of the day had purpose and design.

My time was allotted to being where I needed to be, when I needed to be there. I had places to be and I needed to be accountable.

It has been quite a while since I had such a day.

It is only in the afterglow of "the morning after" what most people consider a regular, ordinary day ... that I can honestly say that I truly believe I must be semi-retired. Otherwise such a day wouldn't take such a toll.

Onward. There is only one way through this Friday. Walking out the door one last time. I hope I just get to stay home this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment