Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Here We Go Again

The name of Cher's current tour (the one after her final, final tour) seems to describe the way I feel as a new week dawns.

Here I go again. Back into the same old, same old routine of doing the same old thing and hoping something changes. Yes, I believe it has been said that is the definition of insanity. Need I say more?

That said, I feel much lighter going into this week after clearing the deck of many "impossible things" yesterday, with the assistance of my son.

Not only did he mow the grass for me (all I had to do was buy the gas for the lawnmower and get the lawnmower started), but when I came home last night he told me he was going through the contents of his room in the hope of selling off unused items he has been holding onto.

My son is a university student with limited means. I am a home owner with excess belongings in the basement. We mixed those two facts together and came up with a perfect solution. If he could sell any of our unused household items, he can keep the cash. It is a win-win situation!

Lightening the load is sometimes as easy as cleaning off the counter tops and clearing out the excess. Mowing the lawn is a bonus (it is heavenly to come home to a well tended yard).

Off to work I go. Heading back into a new week and hoping the load feels lighter all around. Tending to "impossible things" at home is bound to affect how I head into this week.

Here I go again. Same old, same old but hoping for better results.

No comments:

Post a Comment