Wednesday, March 27, 2019

I Cried Because I Had No Shoes

I knew this day would eventually come but oh, how I wish it wasn't true. I have tried to replace my shoes with a pair exactly like them and it seems they are no longer in stock. I have searched the Internet and Walmart stores in two provinces. I can't find my shoes.

I've also been in search of some "unders" which need replacing. Again, what I had and worked well for me no longer exists as far as my eyes can see. I tried what I thought would work, bought it and when I tried to wear it, found it was unwearable. Rats. I knew this day would eventually come to pass.

I did find replacement jeans last week and only ordered one pair. I am considering going back and ordering a lifetime supply before they stop production.

After searching high and low (according to the standards of a person who despises shopping), while I was out-of-province this past weekend, I finally found some end tables I was willing to purchase. When we assembled them, there was a scratch on the top of one of the tables and we were unable to screw one leg on. While common sense told me I should just return the table, I was quite sure I hadn't seen them in our local store so my son persevered until he found a way to attach the forth leg. I just went online to try to find the table - "Not Available".

At this very moment in time, I have a replacement purse, a replacement curling iron, a replacement pillow and a few "rejects" from the past in the line of shoes that may just have to suffice.

I feel like I am lost in a "Where's Waldo" picture, as I search the universe for what has worked for me in the past. Could it possible that I may find something superior, to replace that which I seek and can no longer find?

It doesn't seem likely. It is no wonder I kept going back to the men in my life. I kept trying the relationship back on for size to see if I could make it fit. I never did succeed. So I gave up.

My feet may never be the same. I may need to move to a country where summer shoes are all that is required. Yikes!! I didn't look to see if I could find replacement sandals while I was out and about. What if ... I can't even consider that possibility.

Surely I jest. As I rant about things that really don't matter, these are the words that run through my thoughts:

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet” ~ Helen Keller

I am blessed. I know this. This post was a waste of words. But I cannot tell a lie. These are my thoughts of the moment. "First world problems", my brother would quietly insert at this point.

My brother and Helen Keller are very wise. I will remember their words as the days unfold and I must replace that which has worked in the past with something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment