Thursday, March 28, 2019

Trusting the Pause

The long wait for our new front door continues. The door and all options pertaining to said door have been chosen. At last.

As frustrated as I felt at the delay over something that could have been ordered, installed and paid for by now, I had to talk myself down and remind myself to trust the pause.

If I had forged ahead with the initial estimate, the professional door installers most likely would not have tended to installing the baseboards and trim that is already on hand. They definitely wouldn't have included painting the door as an added part of their service.

If I had acted more quickly, the bill would have been due and payable by now.

I'm searching my brain for more "pros" for this delay but I'm coming up empty. The old front door (and a sliding door which could have and should have been replaced) is all I can see within this freshly redone main floor.

Isn't that always the case? It matters not how many things have been crossed off the to-do-list, because the list is so short right now, all I can see is that which is left to be done. Which is pretty very minimal, all things considered.

Perhaps this delay will unveil a few more tasks I can ask my handy dandy reno guy to tend to while he is already here. It may cost a little more than the door and door alone but I am pretty sure when all is said and done, I will be grateful for the delay.

When things don't unfold in a manner in which you hope, trust the pause. Trust there is a purpose to putting your dreams on hold.

Looking at life backwards, I have always found delays are well worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment