Thursday, March 7, 2019

Time

Time is an elusive thing to me. When I have it, I fritter it away. When I lack it, I use it as an excuse. I can do hard things. I just have to find make the time.

Mornings are where it's at for me. I can do hard things in the morning. I enjoy frittering away my mornings but how I start my day sets the tone for the hours that follow.

Evenings signal quiet, slowing down and low expectations. During our renovations, I managed to do what had to be done at the end of my long days away from home. But I felt depleted instead of energized.

Weekends are "my time". Time to do what revives me. Most of the time I do precious little. Again, prior and during the renovation, I did a lot more with my weekends. Generally, I had one day of accomplishing things. A second day to rest.

I believe I have lost my balance. I seem to be moving in slow motion. The post reno days have not been a time of great accomplishment.

This morning, I decided to make the time to update the photos which adorn our hallway. I ordered the pictures one day, picked them up the next, rested on the third day and changed them this morning.

I can't figure out how one picture used to hang. I either broke something or my son figured out a way to make a missing picture hanger work.

The arrangement and precisely balanced group of photos has been tampered with. Now, in place of a picture of my three sons, I have an empty nail.


One step ahead, two steps back. It's a little bit how time feels to me. I'm given an hour, I waste two. Then I wonder why I don't get anything done.

No comments:

Post a Comment