Monday, March 18, 2019

Dollars and Sense

It never ceases to amaze me how "numbers" always seem to work out when I watch them carefully.

I had a finite number of dollars I was willing to pay for our recent renovations. These numbers didn't equate to the exact number in my bank account because I paid for some expenses within my monthly spending perimeters. But when I tallied up all of the renovation expenses, they did not exceed my bank starting balance by much. And after all was said and done, I actually had money left over.

In a perfect world, this amount would have gone towards a new front door. I checked in on the aforementioned door this morning and I found it has to be special ordered. The anticipated wait time for this? Four to six weeks.

I had an appointment to get my income taxes done this morning. Our friendly neighborhood taxation department will give me until April 30th to pay the amount I owe them. Again, I have about six weeks to cover this bill.

Interesting fact. The amount I have left in the account I was using to pay for our renovations is short only $9.45 of what I need to pay in income tax. I calculated the amount of interest I expect to receive at the end of the month and after my interest is paid, the shortfall is only $6.44.

I knew what my tax bill was going to be so I have allowed for that in my budget. I was going to have the amount saved up by the end of April. There is quite literally no shortfall.

I can get my door and pay my taxes too.

When I watch over my pennies, the dollars take care of themselves. It all makes perfect dollars and sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment