Sunday, March 17, 2019

My Meandering Mind (aka: Wasting Time)

I have just frittered away two hours this morning and have nothing to show for it but a load of washed, dried, folded and put-away laundry. Had it not been for the fast passage of time which was marked by the above chore, I would not have realized how fast time flies while I am doing nothing.

As I tried to chase down my thought processes as I have effectively wasted a morning, the chain of unrelated events went something like this:

This process was triggered by a survey question: "How much have you spent on clothes in the past 12 months?"

Categories of the amount spent were provided. I guessed that I had not spent more than $500, but I needed wanted to confirm this by checking my record of spending over the course of the past year.

I found this:

Total spent on clothing: $357.64 (more or less)
Total spent on pajamas:  $104.47 (included in total spent on clothing)
Total spent on socks:      $ 53.08 (also included in the total spent on clothing)

Interesting. I spent half my clothing budget on pajamas and socks?! "If so, how much did I spend on hair color?" I wondered.

Answer: I have spent $ 53.02 spent on hair color in the past year.

Interesting. Very interesting ... I have invested as much money on my hair, as I have my feet. This makes a lot of sense because my feet and my hair probably take up an equal amount of real estate within my mind.

Funny how the dollars and cents relate so comparably to my thoughts.

I don't even want to know how much I spent on take out and restaurant food last year. Or do I???

....

....

Total amount on restaurant and take out? $2,274.89 (Please note that this total includes three holidays and the fact that my gifts to people is often a restaurant meal)

There goes another hour that I should have been spending on preparing my paperwork for my appointment to get my income taxes done. I wonder if any of these expenditures are deductible. I shall ask! It'll be a good diversion during what will prove to be an expensive hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment