Saturday, March 9, 2019

Ahhhh .... Life is Good

The only word that comes to mind as I summarize the moment I'm in is: "Ahhhh ...."

I have completed the task of leaving the house AND coming directly back home this morning. My deed may help save a life. I donated blood this morning.

I could be a hero and I will never know. I feel heroic. I have done the hard things necessary to get to this fine moment in the sun.

As I wrote those words, the past few months flashed through my mind. In reality, I must thank my life in its entirety to put me "exactly where I'm meant to be" today.

I think of all the twists and turns in the road which has brought me to today. As I was living my life forward, I was embarrassed because I kept making so many mistakes along the way. As I look at my life in my rear view mirror, I realize that if any one of those "mistakes" not occurred, I would not be right here. In this moment. Experiencing the "ahhhhhsomeness" of this very moment.

Ahhh! Life IS good.

So many more thoughts accompanied these words but the day got in the way. It was a day of family. And it was ahhhsome.

No comments:

Post a Comment