Sunday, March 31, 2019

Clearing a Path - Making Room For Change

I ordered a book today. Actually, I ordered two. Two identical books because I have a feeling this book will be too good to keep to myself. The book? "The Path Made Clear: Discovering Your Life's Direction and Purpose", by Oprah Winfrey.

In this life of mine, I have a few regrets. One of them being, that I didn't go to see Oprah when she came to Our Fair City to speak several years ago. A friend went and shared her enthusiasm over Oprah's talk. I remember little of what my friend said but I clearly remember her enthusiasm as she relayed the inspirational words Oprah spoke and instant regret, that I hadn't gone.

Today, I learned Oprah has a new book. The table of contents alone, have captured my interest and I can't wait to sit in a sunbeam and soak up this book. "The Path Made Clear ..." sounds like it may be exactly what I am looking for.

Life is ever evolving. I find myself going with the flow of it at times, questioning it at others and wanting to live a purposeful life. Some days I think I'm on the right track, other days feel like I'm running on a hamster wheel going no where. 

I am not making any plans to change the course I'm presently on but I certainly wouldn't mind looking up and beyond this moment in time and look towards the future. I want to listen to the whispers of my mind, plant seeds, nurture that which I want to grow and steer my life in a direction that excites me. 

Housecleaning is certainly not at the top of that list. Been there, done that, wish I didn't have to do it all again tomorrow. But maybe since I have tended to some of my household cleaning, I have literally created a clear path to sit still and hear the whispers of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment