Monday, March 18, 2019

Feeling Wordless

It was a restful weekend. Very laid back and enjoyable. Except I didn't accomplish anything worthy, thus I am slipping back into this new work week feeling rather unfulfilled. 😢

Yes, I finally took time to sit still with a book in our sunny renewed living room. But in order to stay awake to read it, I ate. I ate so much. Oh, my achin' stomach. 😧

Yes, I stayed home ALL weekend. My favorite kind of weekend is one where the car never leaves the garage. In staying home, I stayed inside and missed the spring weather which was literally right on our doorstep. πŸ˜”

The phone was quiet and I made precious little contact with the outside world. After months of busyness, dare I say I missed the hustle bustle. Just a bit. 😯

I vacuumed cat hair off the doors, walls, baseboards and floor. Enough said. πŸ˜ΌπŸ˜’

I worked on income taxes. πŸ˜“

I cooked a few meals.πŸ˜‹

I fed a few family members who showed up unexpectedly on the doorstep. I felt a little bit like Mom when I did that. πŸ˜‡

Be careful what you wish for. This is the weekend I've been waiting for all year. My wish came true. Now I find myself wishing for another weekend so I can accomplish all that I should have with this wasted weekend. 😫

Balance. It's all about the balance. Work, play, leisure, food, family and fun. There was not enough work, no play, too much food and leisure, a rather perfect dusting of family but not a lot of extra-curricular "fun". 😐

This weekend has left me uninspired and somewhat wordless. Thus, I have decorated this post with emojis. I have no words. Only thoughts. And emoji expressions.

It is time to create a week worthy of thoughts, words and heartfelt emotion. Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment